Wednesday, January 17, 2007

So here’s what I’m thinkin’…

Have you ever heard of an art therapist? Or a music therapist? I’m thinking maybe that might be what I want to do when I graduate. I know. It sounds like I hippie job to me too, but hear me out.

I really like my psych classes that I’m taking especially the ones for clinical and counseling psych. Those are the most interesting ones. You get to look at all the weird sick-os in the world, and then you try to help them. Challenging, fun, and interesting. Then you get to teach them how to paint, or find out which kinds of music they should listen to, or show them fun uplifting movies.

And I get to take fun classes. Like painting 101, or learn to draw, and then art education. Or basic music theory (aka help with my guitar). How cool is that? I mean, the things I do for fun, I get to take classes for. Honestly. It’d almost be like not going to school. I’d get a degree for finger-painting.

Then I’d get a job in a field that is growing at a “faster then average rate,” whatever that means. And I get to work for fun places. Like get a nice cushy job working for a government funded hospital, or at a hospice or a nursing home (maybe not there, old people creep me out.) or a prison. I’ve seen enough prison movies to know that prison folk are good natured, honest people, who just need a little more direction in their lives. I’d be the guy showing them how to paint those pictures of flying birds and stuff. Like that old man from “Escape from Alcatraz.” You know the one who cut off his fingers in the workshop? I’d be hanging out with people like him.

1 comment:

katie said...

Being like the guy who cuts off his fingers could be detrimental to your guitar playing. :)