Thursday, January 11, 2007

I said it before, and I'll say it again...

Steve McQueen is the coolest guy EVER!


It started out with my hat. Actually, it didn’t start with my hat, because when it started, I didn’t have my hat. It really started when I couldn’t find my hat. I could have sworn that I had put it in my laundry basket when I had moved back to college after break. I haven’t seen it since. Which is a total shame, because I loved that hat. It met every important hat qualification. It was warm, it covered my ears, and it didn’t make my obscenely large head look bigger then it actually is.

So when the cold front came through, my poor widdle ears damn near froze off. So I made the 25 minute trek over to the nearest Target store (I prefer the French pronunciation, it sounds more classy.) with a laundry list of needed supplies, on top of which was an awesome hat. It took some time, but I finally found a hat I kinda liked. (at least it covered my ears and matched my coat.) Unfortunately I had to buy the stupid Hat/scarf Combo, even though I already have a green scarf that I liked better, but it was on sale and at least I would have a hat. I grabbed the milk and munchies that made up the rest of my list, and on the way toward the check out line, I spy the electronics department.

I know I shouldn’t. I know I don’t want to spend the extra cash , but there’s no harm in looking, right? I’m a compulsive DVD and CD buyer, I know this, but I can see what they have and enjoy looking. I don’t have to buy anything. My will power is strong enough, right?

WRONG!!!

I had almost finished my perusing the DVD Isles when I spotted it. The sale sign was practically glowing. It was heaven sent. I was like an archeologist who had just deciphered the hieroglyphics informing me that below these words was some slumbering king incased in his gilded sarcophagus of glory. In short: It was the find of my life. The sign read as follows:

Film Classics: 2 Disc Collectors Sets, Newly Remastered $10.00

I took it like a blow to the gut! Aarrgghhh!!!! I know I don’t spend the extra cash, but…but…MOVIES!!! SALE!!! ONE TIME ONLY!!! I wish there was a 12 step program for people like me. In the end, the movies “Bullitt” and Rebel without a Cause found themselves in the company of a ½ gallon of milk and my hat inside of a plastic target bag.

So I get to work last night, and I check to make sure I’m caught up with my readings and homework, (homework yes; readings almost), and I stick the movie “Bullitt” into my laptop. (what kinda of crazy awesome job lets you watch movies on the clock? Mine.)

The movie is really good. But more importantly Steve McQueen is sooooooooo Cool!

Everything he does, I want to emulate. I want the Steve McQueen Hair cut, I want the hot girl who drives the Porsche. I want the dark green Mustang that I can tear through the streets of San Francisco with. I want the tight blue turtle neck and a brown plaid jacket with the nifty leather patches over the elbows.

McQueen is so cool, that he doesn’t need his gun. He’s chasing armed perps with his gun in his crazy upside-down, quickdraw holster just under his left arm. Any lesser man have his gun out at the ready, if not when chasing an armed suspect, then surely after the second or third time the suspect shot at you. But not Steve McQueen. Steve is so cool that when he misses a turn while filming that famous car chase, and he slams the ‘tang into reverse and then peels out down the correct road, they keep that in the movie. When a major Hollywood film company wants to cut loose and use the word “bullshit” for the first time ever…they get Steve McQueen to do it.

You get the idea? He’s too cool for school. He is completely awesome. Heck, he could take Chuck Norris. I looked up the definition of Bad Ass in the Dictionary, there was a picture of Steve.

And I want to be just like him.

1 comment:

katie said...

The Steve McQueen haircut could be a good look for you.