Thursday, January 4, 2007

Music-holic

I’ve been gone for a while, but hey, it was the holidays, and who can blame me for not wanting to put that on hold for a just for a new post? But now I’m back at college. Classes have started, (I’ve had one), and I’m back working at the front desk again. One paragraph into the post and three people have asked for help. One person didn’t know where a class room building was, so we looked it up on the internet and found the wrong building numbered 26. So I sent her off in the wrong direction (oops.). Then someone wanted an envelope (we don’t have any), and someone wanted to know when the floor meeting is (I don’t live on your floor, and it is up to the RA to make sure everyone knows when the meetings are). So needless to say, I’m 0 for 3. Damn. I feel worthless. Maybe round two will see me do a little better.

I have a confession to make, and a blog is as good a place as any. So here it goes.

My name is Adam, and I’m a music-holic. That’s right. I compulsively buy CDs to feed my addiction, I-Tunes robs me of my money on what seems to be a daily basis, even my TV rarely leaves MTVU (the MTV for college kids. It plays almost only music videos with a few sprinkles of MTVU news and clips from college kids around the nation.) from the time I wake up in the morning until I go to bed, my TV plays music videos. I’ll even listen to my own music, with the music videos on mute. That is not an uncommon sight in my dorm room. As I type I am giddy as a school girl, because my new i-pod should arrive today, because my old one is full and I have no place to put my new music. I’m in a constant search for more music, good music, and new favorites.

That being said, let me introduce you to my latest CD purchase. The Best of Faces: Good Boys When They’re Sleeping. Having not heard of the band Faces before, When my cousin recommended the band to me, I went right out and bought the greatest hits album. (remember: addicted to new music) Faces is a good old rock n’ roll band. You take the band Small Faces, and you add Rod Stewart and Ronnie Wood. That’s how you get faces. This was the band back in the day. After they broke up, Rod Stewart had his brilliant solo career. Ron Wood joined the stones. The ROLLING STONES! Kenny Jones, the drummer joined the Who after their Keith Moon Died. I mean, seriously, could the band get any bigger. The whole CD is quality, but if nothing else, do yourself a favor and get a hold of the following songs: Maybe I’m Amazed, Ooh La La, and Three Button Hand Me Down

No comments: