Sunday, February 3, 2008

crisis

I got a new coat a couple of weeks ago. It's pretty sweet. It's a black peacoat. It's a wool cashmere blend so it's nice and soft, it's got a layer of thinsulate stuff to make it warm, and it makes me feel sexy (which is VERY important). I was only mildly annoyed when i found out that 1/5 of the student population here own a black double breasted peacoat. After all, it was very difficult to find a coat that i liked 2 weeks into the new year. (Is it me or is it weird to see swimsuits and overcoats in the store at the same time?) My coat was in the last store i looked in, a Von Maur, which is a creepy, rich grandpa kinda of store. the store smells like a funeral home. So anyways, if i were to sum up, it was hard work finding a coat i liked, but man do i really like it.

So i've been wearing a black peacoat everywhere i go. In order to do this, i feel a need to wear black shoes. you gotta match right? so my wardrobe choices have been dictated by my black pumas for about 2 1/2 weeks now. so what does this mean? if you saw my wardrobe you'd prolly know. It means i've been wearing nothing but black, grey, and white for two plus weeks. I've been a penguin! Completely monochromatic. My wardrobe consists of black white tan, grey and brown. Why? you might ask? cause i don't like to stand out in a crowd. It's a pretty easy to be invisible in the midst of 50,000 OSU students. neutral colors help you blend in, so i don't own a lot of colors in my wardrobe.

so it's friday night and i'm out with my friends, i'm wearing a pale grey button down shirt with a white collar on it, grey levi 559s, black shoes, black belt, and black socks with little skulls and crossbones on them. OH SHIT! It finally hits me, i've been dressing like a goth for 2+ weeks. I start panicking. AWWWWWW JEEEZ! AWWWWWWWW CRAP! AWWWWWWWW GOLLY!!!!

i need color like a gay fashion designer. (yes i watch project runway, no i don't care if it puts my masculinity into question) So yesterday i make a trip out to Old Navy looking for color. What do i buy, a White button down shirt (hey at least it's bright) and a pale grey t-shirt, and a pale blue t-shirt. Not bright color, but the pale blue at least isn't mono chromatic. ionno, i can't seem to get past my preference for non-color. but after switching things up and wearing some browns and tans and crazy socks, i feel better about myself.

One crisis averted. the rest of my life, all filled with crisis, to go. oh well, thank god for small victories.

(and in case you're wondering why i posted a new post on my obsolete blog? well i was reading my old posts and i realized that i kinda liked my posts. it kinda made me want to start keeping tabs on me again cause it least i'll entertain myself.)

No comments: