Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Attractive Today

I love music... I love the chords, the rhythms, the melodies, and i especially love good lyrics. Often times i am completely overwhelmed by how wonderfully certain words can sound, and how their meanings can convey emotions that so often mirror my own. And no matter how i'm feeling, when the right song comes along it always makes me feel good about my place in life. It makes all the stress, and bad shit that is twisting my stomach up in knots go away (at least for for a little while), because i know someone out there felt the same as me, and look at them, they were able to make something out of it. Today, the song "Attractive Today" by Motion City Soundtrack was the song that mirrored how i felt. I took the liberty of putting into bold the lines that really described how i felt.

I am wrecked. I am overblown.

I'm also fed up with the common cold.
But I just hate to say goodbye
To all the metaphors and lies
That have taken me years to come up with.

Say it's true. Say you like me.
(I like you.)
Just for the night
For me it's been eternity..

And as I gently sip this drink,
I think about my lack of future,
And all the places I could learn to fall in love.

I know I shouldn't waste my time,
Wishing I'd been better designed,
Yet for some reason still think.

I am wrecked. I am overblown.
I'm also fed up with the fucking common cold!

When I just want to feel alive
For the first time in my life,
I just want to feel attractive today.

No comments: