Saturday, December 16, 2006

The first post...

“I think a Blog is incredibly pretentious. To think that there are people out there, who don’t know you, but would care to read about your thoughts and opinions and day to day happenings is just plain pretentious.”

These are words. They are my Words. And I am eating them.

I have started a blog. The temperature in hell is about negative 3 degrees Fahrenheit. In fact, I think I can see Satan building a snowman. And now that I have revealed to everyone on the interweb that I’m a hypocritical jerk; I’ll plead my case.

I am on the fourth night of working 9p.m.-7.a.m. at the front desk in the dorm where I live. I am bored. I am tired (I threw that in there as an excuse for the typos). And maybe I wanted to see if anyone out there cared. It’s not likely, and my hopes are not held high . But one never can tell. I started this blog as my own entertainment, a place where I can let my thoughts escape to. And if some one decides to read it and enjoys it, I will be very flattered. And I figure with my short attention span, I’ll prolly get bored after 5 posts and then never post again. But like a said, you never can tell. Perhaps I will stick with it and become the voice of a generation? Nah.

If I am pleading a case, I need to make a closing argument. Sum up my case. Then leave it to the world to pass its judgment on each and every post I submit for its consideration. So…

Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, I claim to not be a pretentious jerk, because in starting my blog, I was looking only at my own entertainment, and those who decide to read, and follow my posts, I’ll take that as a compliment. And if no one decides to read it, then…well, I guess I really don’t care.

No comments: