Monday, December 18, 2006

Day 6...

Still workin’. Does the phrase ‘another day another dollar’ apply to people working third trick? I hope so, wouldn’t it be nice to have a cliché to justify a 70 hour work week? After I finish work at 7am on Wednesday morning, I get to squeeze in a few hours of sleep and then go home. I’ll be home for about 2 weeks, till at few days into the new year when classes will begin again. I am looking forward to being home. Home is the greatest.

This is what I am looking forward to when I go home. I am looking forward to doing nothing, sprawling out on the couch watching rented DVDs with my Dad. I’m looking forward to playing my guitar, blasting my way through ‘wild thing,’ ‘jumping jack flash,” and others, while my mom has to listen, (it’ll remind her of when I had a garage band in high school, she say she’ll miss the boys coming to her house and causing a racket.). I’ll get to eat my dad’s famous, (well, they ought to be famous) soft sour cream sugar cookies. These cookies, I’m not ever allowed to decorate. I have a problem when it comes icing, and candy. The family and I have differing opinions on how many M&Ms are too many.


I’m looking forward to seeing my Grandpa try to hide his smile as family gathers around in the living room to talk after lunch. He always tries to be the big, strong, stoic man, but when it comes to his grandkids, he can never quite keep his lips from curling upwards. I’m looking forward to playing scrabble with my mom and sister and her boyfriend. I’m looking forward to not working, and not missing the sun. I’m looking forward to sitting at home, with no obligations, no agendas, and to be able to enjoy my family. ‘Cause I figure, Christmas is about family. Above all the peace on earth, goodwill to men, that everyone preaches. Above all the religious mojo jojo. To me. It’s all about family, and the love that keeps you together. And I am going to take full advantage of the time I have with them.

No comments: